A few words from last weekend’s Arabic wedding:
1. Girls can wear white to a wedding and the bride won’t kill you.
2. Dressing for an Arabic Wedding = dress as if you are attending a red carpet affair (Long dresses are a must.)
3. It is tradition for the bride and groom to cut a 5 layered cake with a sword. A SWORD!!! not a knife. It was awesome.
4. Arabic dancing is all about moving the shoulders, swaying the hips and moving your hands out as if you are pushing someone away. I have the move down!
5. No slow songs allowed.
6. Only on the bride’s wedding night can she feel zero pain after dancing for 6 hours in 4 inch heels. Props to Rama!
7. It is possible to get ready for a wedding in 45 minutes and still look good.
8. Don’t bring a wedding gift to an Arabic wedding or you will be the only one standing there with a cupcake stand with a big bow on it.
9. No date required: with your girlfriends and plenty of the bride and groom’s family, you will enjoy yourself and be dancing for over 6 hours.
10. To all who are engaged and planning a wedding, do it the Arabic way by feeding your guests with a courtyard filled with food and unlimited champagne.